Tuesday 5 April 2011

Papertrey Ink special day card.

Hello everyone,

Its a gloomy grey day in Manchester, so I've spent some time making a card for the Papertrey Ink  Make it Monday challenge, which is to use heat embossing on a card.

For this one I cut an aperture on the front of some white card and softly inked the edge of the aperture with some aqua mist ink. I then used the star dies and cut a large star in aqua mist card and placed it on the back of the card, centrally behind the aperture and stamped and embossed a sentiment from Birthday Basics. You can click on any of the photos to enlarge them.














Next came 2 medium star die cuts in white card that I stamped and embossed with 2 images from Star Prints. I sandwiched these together with some crochet thread to hang it on the aperture with.


























I placed it centrally over the AM star and stuck it with some tape so it dangled nicely. I then needed to hide the tape so I cut a couple of holes in the front of the card with my ribbon punch and passed AM dotty ribbon through them to hide the tape and tied it in a bow. I finished it off by stamping and embossing a sentiment from Star Prints on the front.


I couldn't get a good shot of the shine of the embossing but the sheen on the ribbon comes out quite well. Here is a shot of the closed card lying flat.














I hope you have a great day and thanks for looking.
Hugs
Carol x


Recipe

All PTI
Dies - star and tag sale
Stamps  - Star Prints and Birthday Bash
Card  - Aqua Mist and SS White
Ribbon  - Aqua Mist satin dot.

20 comments:

Vicki said...

Hey Carol, this is gorgeous, I'm loving the aperture with the hanging star, great idea and such a soft blue - it's beautiful!

Hugs
Vicki x

Vicki said...

OMG, forgot to say a big CONGRATS! on winning the challenge at a passion for papertrey (woohoo!!!)

xx

Jennifer said...

Oh, I love this card.

Tracey McNeely said...

Very nice card, the hanging star is amazing and the colour scheme too.

Lauren said...

Love this!!! I love the hanging star...what a great idea!

Mindy said...

Very cool! Love how the star dangles :-)

smdluxe said...

This is so pretty and so unique! I love this!

C said...

Oh my goodness...LOVE that hanging star! Beautiful and creative!

Laura said...

That's lovely! I love it with all my heart! xxx

The Paper Parade said...

Wow-EE!! What a fabulous card! It is so unique, and it totally stands out. Awesome job :)

Anonymous said...

Love your classic style. Great technique and the colors... fabulous card!

Kendra said...

Very pretty card, and I love the hanging star! How creative and interesting!

tiff said...

So pretty! Love the hanging star!

Unknown said...

that is so cool, I love it!

kacee said...

What a lovely dimensional card. Love the colors and how you put it all together.

Kara said...

i love this design!!

Becky said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors and that hanging star is so cool!

Ann said...

Love this Carol - the hanging star is so pretty. Great idea.

Stella said...

So subtle and elegant; gorgeous!
Hugs,
Stella
X

Don the Diner said...

Love the card and total design.

What did you use to cut the aperture?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...