Wednesday 26 April 2017

Penny Black and Clearly Besotted have a delightful day card



Hello everyone and welcome to another challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More. This time we have our popular CAS challenge




I have been enjoying the spring so far and this particular stamp reminds of spring with the pretty flower, and the love theme brings to mind the Tennyson quote 'In the spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to love'. Anyway, I came up with this card



1) Stamp the mice stamp from Penny Black Hugs set in black versafine ink and emboss with clear embossing powder.
2) Colour the image with alcohol markers. I used the Spectrum Noir Illustrator pens which I really like.
3) Die cut a stitched rectangle and stamp the sentiment from Clearly Besotted Delightful Day stamp set in blue ink.
4) Die cut an aperture in the panel using one of the My Favorite Things Stitched Arch Stax dies.



5) Glue the rectangle over the image and raise it onto a base card using fun foam.

I used this sentiment because I thought I could use it for engagement, wedding or anniversary by putting a further sentiment on the inside of the card - I love a versatile card!.

I hope you will be able to join in with us this week. You'll find lots of inspiration from the team over on the ASTM blog, and you can link up your entry there too!


I'd like to play along with

Always Fun Challenge #3 - CAS

Make My Monday Challenge #44 - embossing

Penny Black and More Challenge - spring

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

24 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

yaay soo soo cutee Carol
love this Image the coloring is super B
and lovely Layout
simple but toooo ADORABLE
hugs from teamie and see you soon:)
Monika

Ros Crawford said...

Morning Carol! What a delightful card! I've always loved that stamp... One of the first stamps that caught my eye when I started to figure out how to look at cards on a computer ... So yes, long time ago. I never did get the stamp but it's always been a cute favourite and you use it to perfection!

Julie B said...

This is so cute Carol and as you say a very versatile sentiment. See you at PS in the coffee area! :)

Cara said...

Just adorable! Cara x

cotnob said...

This is adorable Carol, so cute.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card, love the sweet image x

Nandini said...

Such a sweet and charming card. Love the adorable image and the pretty colors.

Waleska said...

Lovely card Carol! you can never go wrong with Clean and Simple! beautiful coloring... thanks for playing along with us at Always Fun Challenges!
DT Waleska

Bobby said...

This is so sweet, Carol. I love that you stamped the sentiment in blue. That's not something I think to do but it works beautifully with your wonderfully watercolored image.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Oh, so sweeeet! Gorgeous CAS. The white makes those colors pop. Love the image too :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful card. I love your CAS design.

Sue - said...

A sweet card. Thank you for joining in at Make My Monday.

Sue said...

Ohhh what an adorable card Carol I love it! lots of huggles Sue xx

Joyce said...

Absolutely adorable, Carol. Perfectly colored, and such a sweet scene.

Marybeth said...

Adorable and beautiful all at the same time ,Carol! Beautifully colored as well! :)

brenda said...

A beautifully bright and cheery Spring creation, thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous card and image. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Emma

Marina said...

Beautifully coloured and I do like the design.

Tracy said...

Such a sweet card.
I love how with the white background the image and sentiment pop off of the card.
I am looking forward to spring...I thought it was here, but now we are in an ice storm and it has snowed all day :(.....but spring will come, it always does :)

cm said...

Smiling allll over my face in seeing your adorable mice cuddling under the pretty pink flower! Absolutely charming!
~carol

Nora Noll said...

Just catching up on some posts that I missed from you!! This card is just adorable!! I love that cute image and your coloring of it really makes it shine!!

Mervi said...

Sweet and lovely card with beautiful colouring.
Thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More April challenge;-))m

Anonymous said...

such a sweet CAS card featuring an adorable image! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more!
linda

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...