Thursday 30 November 2017

Personal Impressions and Happy Little Stampers Christmas candle card







Hello there and welcome to the last Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge of 2017. Wow did 2017 go fast! 


Our optional fun twist this time is Christmas, so we all get another chance to add to the Christmas card pile. Not only that -


Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.


I came up with this traditional festive card 





1) Stamp the candle image from the Personal Impressions Robin and Candles stamp set onto watercolour paper with black ink,

2) Colour the image with Zig Clean Colour Real Brush watercolours in shades of red, green, and yellow.

3) Paint around the image with pale blue watercolour and let everything dry.

4)Stamp the sentiment from Happy Little Stampers Mixed Christmas Sentiments in PTI scarlet jewel ink, above the image.

5) Add some glue pen to the candle drips and sprinkle with some glitter.

6) Die cut a frame from scarlet jewel card using one of the Sue Wilson Classic Adorned Square Noble dies, and use it to frame the image.



7) Layer everything onto the square base card and add a little bow in the top right corner.

You'll find lots of inspiration over on the HLS blog, and I hope you will join in with us this time. Remember the twist is optional and you can enter any watercolour project you choose.

I'd like to play at

Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - anything goes

Fab'n'Funky #373 - Christmas

The Merry Christmas Challenge #45 - anything goes

Make my Monday Challenge #60 - Happy Christmas

Thanks for stopping by.


Hugs
Carol x

11 comments:

Carole said...

Lovely card Carol, very classy. Cold here...we have had a sleet shower, wonder if it might be white over in the morning...time to hibernate!!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, a fabulous stamp and gorgeous frame - lovely rich colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sarah said...

This is beautiful Carol, the frame is amazing xx

Chris said...

Beautiful clean design, the way you've framed the image is lovely!Thank you for playing along with our November Challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin’
Chris
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so gorgeous! I love that image and also the wonderful frame you used to showcase it.

Darnell said...

Ay, Carol, Blogger just ate my comment again as I'm proofing! Just what we all need when time is of the essence! What I wanted you to know was that you always make cards that I want to have in my living room as decoration every year! This is so very striking!! Thank you for taking the time to give us the step-by-step! Hugs, Darnell

Cara said...

This is so elegant, a timeless creation x

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Emma

Brenda said...

Your card is beautiful Carol! I love your coloring with the Zig's and I love this image. It's always good to add to the Christmas card stash isn't it?! I have no clue where 2017 went, but I am ready for 2018 and hoping it will be a better year for many!! Hugs, Brenda

Nora Noll said...

This is beautiful!! I love the frame and your coloring is fabulous!! I still stink at using my Zigs!!

Cazro said...

A beautiful traditional card. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday. Happy Christmas. Caz DT.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...